As usual, you need console access to a brocade/foundry device that you want to do password recovery on.
Power cycle the device, and when prompted, hit the "b" key during the boot process. Once you're in boot monitor mode, you can enter "no password" to tell it to (you guessed it) ignore the password data. Then, tell the device to boot by issuing the "boot system flash primary" or "boot system flash secondary" command, as appropriate. Once it boots, you can set the password to a known value.
- sniffing traffic on a netscreen - snoop or debug f...
- "Wait, did we forget something?"
- Password recovery on foundry/brocade devices
- Everything is better with Legos.
- It's Radia Perlman's network. We just route over ...
- Oh, blade chassis devices, you are awesome yet ann...
- Stay classy, network world.
- Okay, this is a weird one -- Synless Acking
- ▼ July (8)